Concussion Rifle

This weapon in its current form will never be used in siege. I think we can all agree on this.

Hell, it's even overpowered in CTF, where people move with ~1200 ups thanks to strafejumping, and is only used on very o stacked maps. Those that play ctf will no doubt remember: all it took to balance ctf_manaan, a riddiculously o friendly map, is to add conc to it. Point is, the fastest classes in siege move with 313 ups. With 20% speed boost. Default speed is 250.

It deals too much damage on primary fire impact, and alt fire is way too good in close range, if you can hit the shot, and knock someone down. In fact, primary fire deals way too much damage even if it's just splash. Not to mention, even though primary fire is a projectile, it travels insanely fast, way faster than any other projectile. And alt fire is instant. And if you can't evade primary with 1200 ups, how would 250 ups classes do so?

The only siege map (to my knowledge) that uses conc is desert, a base map, that we don't play anyways. So I would like to propose, we change conc. It would be cool to have an additional weapon, that could change things up a bit, without breaking the game.

I came up with these ideas, but feel free to add to them, or modify them if you think you could make them better.

• We could remove the damage from primary and alt fire, making it a knockback only weapon. It could be good for either boosting yourself, or shooting your enemy, so with a good knockback you could impose them to your teammate. And if 300 ammo proves to be too much for a knockback weapon, it could just be restricted to say 160 or something.
  • We could nerf the damage output of the weapon, and reduce the knockback. Leave alt fire as is, but increase cost of it. It would function as a precision weapon for long range, and could provide some sort of self defence when assaulted close range. I admit, I mostly imagine this type of weapon to be used by O HW.
  • We could make primary fire not deal damage or knockback at all, and alt fire not deal damage. It could serve as a weapon to speedboost yourself, and at close range it could be used for self defence.

Re: Concussion Rifle

Conc should reward you for good aim, it should be direct hit weapon. I would drastically reduce splash damage, reduce projectile speed a little because with current speed it works like hitscan.

Conc stats, primary:
Fire rate: 800 ms
Speed: 3000 ups
Ammo; 40
Damage: 75
Splash: 40
Splash radius: 200!!!

Alt:
Fire rate: 1200 ms
Damage: 25
Ammo: 50

I would reduce speed to 2250, damage to 40, splash to 10, radius to 100 and fire ratio to 1000ms. I would nerf alt by making its damage fall-off if possible

TBH I would like to see more things buffed, like primary pistol, e11, repeater, flechette, thermals and mines.

Conc was an intentionally OP boss weapon in SP that was hastily and shoddily ported to MP.

Seeing as it is only on Desert, I don't see the point of making global changes to it. If you make your own map with conc you can figure out if you want to do something unique with it on that map maybe.

The primary fire mode is too powerful though. Alt fire is pretty useful because you can use it for either boosting yourself or knocking down any player who is close to you.

I would suggest remove the damage from primary fire and leave alt fire mode as is.