Total votes: 1 (17%)
It needs some anti-rush, but IDC whether soft or hard
Either leave it alone or only add soft anti-rush
Other (write in reply) (No votes)
Total votes: 6

Hoth 2nd obj rush

I actually really enjoy playing and countering the Hoth 2nd obj rush. But I don't like that it's "feast or famine" for the obj whether or not you successfully rush it. Some anti-rush solutions have been proposed for this obj. I could see two potential solutions:

1. "Soft" anti-rush. Maybe add like a 2-second delay before the door opens, which would give defense more time to setup to defend before the offense guys are at the hack panel. This still gives offense a crack at getting the obj quickly, which means they are rewarded for finishing the first obj with multiple guys alive. But they don't automatically get it: defense has time to place mines and so forth. If offense still rapes them at spawn, then they might get the obj after all. Basically this option allows offense to get the obj quickly if they play really, really well and the defense shits the bed.

2. "Hard" anti-rush. Something more strict such as not opening the door at all, or a 5+ second delay, essentially forcing everyone to SK and respawn at the next obj.

I can do all of this with the server mod BTW, we don't need to patch the map thankfully.

Re: Hoth 2nd obj rush

I think people just need to learn to adapt. Like today Black freaked out on second obj because he wasn't used to facing a D Jedi, and he got pushed into the pit 8000 times. He didn't attempt to go caves a single time, and he kept going to the opposite side of the pit from me so I couldn't see the D Jedi while he was pushing 90% of the time.

Duo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm I think people just need to learn to adapt. Like today Black freaked out on second obj because he wasn't used to facing a D Jedi, and he got pushed into the pit 8000 times. He didn't attempt to go caves a single time, and he kept going to the opposite side of the pit from me so I couldn't see the D Jedi while he was pushing 90% of the time.
I was kind of expecting you to do something in fairness.

Black wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:45 pm
Duo wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:30 pm I think people just need to learn to adapt. Like today Black freaked out on second obj because he wasn't used to facing a D Jedi, and he got pushed into the pit 8000 times. He didn't attempt to go caves a single time, and he kept going to the opposite side of the pit from me so I couldn't see the D Jedi while he was pushing 90% of the time.
I was kind of expecting you to do something in fairness.
Yeah hence why I kept telling you to go to the same side as me. You kept going to the opposite side of wherever I was so the D jedi could just hide behind the turret pushing you while I can't shoot him. You also never realized that cave exists for some reason.

I mentioned both of those things in my original post, btw.

Ok well given the vote counts, you guys seem to agree that you don't want the obj changed. Therefore, I don't want to see a single person bitch about this objective being a "feast or famine" depending on whether the rush was successful ever again.