Balance weapons

I'm posting my proposals for weapon changes as promised. Feel free to give feedback on it and share your opinion about it.

[flechette]
The primary pattern which is random should be fixed so the weapon can be useful in very close range dealing great damage. It can be even used at medium range to pick at an enemy's health. I'd also increase weapon damage and add a small delay between each shell fired to prevent spam.

[repeater]
The repeater's primary fire is only useful at close range or if you get a guy locked in a small confined tunnel or area. It's not very accurate for long distances so I would increase repeater's primary speed fire and ammo cost (because of its high rate of fire its ammo should drain faster).

[blasterrifle]
Primary mode: increase damage of a single straight shot.

[blasterpistol]
The primary fire mode is pretty useless, since it deals little damage so I'd increase pistol's primary fire damage.

[merrsonn]
In secondary fire mode the rocket can't be destroyed since it uses 2 ammo.

[melee]
I think non-jedi classes should be able to throw a standing kick which would be simply countered by crouching. There would be a lot of fun to use these kicks successfully, and probably most of them would lead to knockdowns.

Reveal hidden contents

What about to increase all hw's melee damage since the class moves very slowly. It could be very useful vs cargo dassault. You could punch this green imperial trooper instead blowing yourself up.

Re: Balance weapons

Alright here it goes.
[flechette]
dem0n wrote: The primary pattern which is random should be fixed so the weapon can be useful in very close range dealing great damage. It can be even used at medium range to pick at an enemy's health. I'd also increase weapon damage and add a small delay between each shell fired to prevent spam.
The weapon is already useful in very close range, as it negates the spread. And it's not entirely horrible at longer distances either. Now, I am not inherently against the idea of removing rng from primary fire: after all, I was the one to suggest it. But I still maintain that it can very easily become overpowered, and such changes should be handled delicately. I would definitely not increase the damage, and I don't see much point in adding a delay.

One shard is always centered btw, and the rest are subject to rng. I think if we wanted to do something, we should decrease the spread of the remaining 4 shards, to make it more useful in medium range. I don't think primary golan should be threatening from long distances though, that is not how shotgun type weapons should work.

[repeater]
dem0n wrote: The repeater's primary fire is only useful at close range or if you get a guy locked in a small confined tunnel or area. It's not very accurate for long distances so I would increase repeater's primary speed fire and ammo cost (because of its high rate of fire its ammo should drain faster).
Leave repeater alone, this weapon is probably the most balanced weapon in siege. Primary fire is perfectly fine, I use it all the time, and I'm genuinely shocked someone would consider it subpar.

[blasterrifle]
dem0n wrote: Primary mode: increase damage of a single straight shot.
Now let me just prephase: E11 is my least favourite weapon in the entire game, so I might be biased. I am really glad this weapon is F tier in CTF, and I dislike it in siege as well, as this weapon is completely based on rng. I feel it doesn't matter what you do to primary fire, as long as it's slower than secondary, and has a random spread. I would rather use secondary fire, simply because the more projectiles I fire, the more likely I am to land a hit. If everyone votes in favour of implementing this, I won't object I suppose.

[blasterpistol]
dem0n wrote: The primary fire mode is pretty useless, since it deals little damage so I'd increase pistol's primary fire damage.
Once again, I don't see the point. This is a conceptional issue in my opinion: there is no reason anyone would ever use primary fire, unless you made it stupidly overpowered.

[merrsonn]
dem0n wrote: In secondary fire mode the rocket can't be destroyed since it uses 2 ammo.
I am 100% against buffing rocket launcher. I don't think this change is even warranted: o and d hw tend to be pretty useful on the maps we play.

[melee]
dem0n wrote: I think non-jedi classes should be able to throw a standing kick which would be simply countered by crouching. There would be a lot of fun to use these kicks successfully, and probably most of them would lead to knockdowns.
I'm not sure about this. It could be fun but also pretty annoying. I guess, once again, if others are fine with it, I won't object.

dem0n wrote: What about to increase all hw's melee damage since the class moves very slowly. It could be very useful vs cargo dassault. You could punch this green imperial trooper instead blowing yourself up.

No, leave that greenman alone! (Btw this can already be done in the siege class file, and I'm pretty sure hoth o hw has increased melee damage. I do not think cargo o hw needs this though.)

Flechette I propose to increase flechettes number to 9, decrease damage to 9 to keep smillar damage and remove RNG and make it shoot like normal shotgun.
  Reveal hidden contents
Repeater: reduce spread to 1.2/1.3 and increase velocity to 2000(1600 now)

E11: IMO primary should be snipe like fire. Increase its damage to 30 and significantly increase the velocity.

Pistol: How about increasing its firing time to Bryar pistol firing time and maybe increase its damage to 15?
or
Move alt fire to primary fire and make alt work like Mei icicle. Make it charge for about 0.5 second and then fire 3 shots for 10-15 damage each in one second.

Rocket: just make aiming time identical to non-siege time.

Also increase stun baton's range.

Onasi wrote:
[flechette]

The weapon is already useful in very close range, as it negates the spread. And it's not entirely horrible at longer distances either. Now, I am not inherently against the idea of removing rng from primary fire: after all, I was the one to suggest it. But I still maintain that it can very easily become overpowered, and such changes should be handled delicately. I would definitely not increase the damage, and I don't see much point in adding a delay.

One shard is always centered btw, and the rest are subject to rng. I think if we wanted to do something, we should decrease the spread of the remaining 4 shards, to make it more useful in medium range. I don't think primary golan should be threatening from long distances though, that is not how shotgun type weapons should work.
I'd rather see people using 'shotgun' flechette than spamming orange balls.

Onasi wrote:
[repeater]

Leave repeater alone, this weapon is probably the most balanced weapon in siege. Primary fire is perfectly fine, I use it all the time, and I'm genuinely shocked someone would consider it subpar.
Primary fire mode is only useful on cargo when you body block fuzzball or other tanky class, but it's useless on other maps like hoth or urban because these maps are much bigger than cargo and repeater's primary fire is not very accurate for long distances.

Onasi wrote: No, leave that greenman alone! (Btw this can already be done in the siege class file, and I'm pretty sure hoth o hw has increased melee damage. I do not think cargo o hw needs this though.)
The slowest class with increased melee damage on a big map. Seriously?

dem0n wrote: I'd rather see people using 'shotgun' flechette than spamming orange balls.
That's not how this works. Alt fire spam is used for one thing only: area denial. That won't be replaced by anything. Now, using alt golan spam to actually deal damage is laughable, it's inefficient as hell. If anyone is doing that they need to stop.
I know firing alt golan is always random, but you still need to aim it to land a direct hit. Which once again means, primary fire won't replace it, because alt golan is devastating if you manage to land a hit, whereas primary fire isn't, and they both require aiming anyways.

dem0n wrote: Primary fire mode is only useful on cargo when you body block fuzzball or other tanky class, but it's useless on other maps like hoth or urban because these maps are much bigger than cargo and repeater's primary fire is not very accurate for long distances.
I disagree wholeheartedly. Primary fire is useful on any map, and I frequently use it. You can easily take down a jedi who is in the air throwing his saber at you, you can rush any non jedi class, and once you are in close range, you just kill them with primary fire, same as cargo o hw. Primary fire is great against tech (shocking I know), and there is really no need to change anything on repeater.

dem0n wrote: The slowest class with increased melee damage on a big map. Seriously?
Um? Yes seriously. Check the siege file!