Re: Hoth is a terrible map

Duo wrote: I'll try demping that's a good trick!
Yeah I was exaggerating doesn't mean it's fun. Unless you're totally unaware of the tech as a Jedi you shouldn't die to demp all the time. You are also way more useful and it's much easier to drive when there is a Jedi. I've been doing it for years in 2s and 1 at objective was always easier when there was a Jedi (unless of course the scout proper turns it on and the other team is just dead all game, which can be said of any objective it's just the way scout is.)

One of the irritations I've had driving is some idiot (note not a bad player generally) scoping / not being near the walker won't change class or "stay with walker" when asked. We get held for xmins "let me drive" we get the objective mostly because the walker gets defended and they feel superior. Thankfully most people most games don't just leave the at on its own anymore even when playing scout, I know because I spam the assistance vchat when this happens and I rarely have to anymore.

And Duo feed your fucking cat before you call me on Discord.

Well, I suppose it's really hard to agree on anything regarding such an old map as hoth, and I am a bit sad to see that none of the ideas brought up here are even entertained anymore.

As a baby step, can we agree on decreasing the hack time of Ion Control Station, and the hack time of the alt route of lift obj to 5 seconds, down from 10? Ion Control sometimes gets hacked in a 3s, like once every 2 months or so, and the alt route is only ever opened once the attackers made it to the final obj. 10 seconds hacks are riddiculous. It would also be a really easy change that could be done on server side.

Onasi wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 pm Well, I suppose it's really hard to agree on anything regarding such an old map as hoth, and I am a bit sad to see that none of the ideas brought up here are even entertained anymore.

As a baby step, can we agree on decreasing the hack time of Ion Control Station, and the hack time of the alt route of lift obj to 5 seconds, down from 10? Ion Control sometimes gets hacked in a 3s, like once every 2 months or so, and the alt route is only ever opened once the attackers made it to the final obj. 10 seconds hacks are riddiculous. It would also be a really easy change that could be done on server side.
I can easily implement tweaks like that on the server as long as there is widespread consent. As for the more major changes, I proposed making a Hoth3 map but didn't get any response on that.

Grab's "Hoth" map is once again another Grab rework that breaks a lot more than it claims to solve. Like the codes obj is 100% broken. And also if you start making huge changes to classes like removing shield, that completely changes the balance of the map. I don't know why Grab keeps cranking out base reworks that will not be played instead of making one brand new map from scratch. Dude gave up on Yavin which was his one attempt at that.

Duo wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:22 pm I can easily implement tweaks like that on the server as long as there is widespread consent. As for the more major changes, I proposed making a Hoth3 map but didn't get any response on that.
Well I'd welcome a hoth3, just wasn't sure how plausible that idea was. I feel someone is going to be disappointed, either because of not enough change, or too much changed. Plus people first wanted to try out the no tech sk rule.

Black wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 2:12 pm If you want to change ion just have the door greened from the start. Hacking side is for the last objective not to get the hangar I don't think the hack time should be changed. It's right that a hack next to your own spawn and away from fighting should take time.
I don't want to go overboard with suggestions, that's how we ended up doing absolutely nothing the last time. Reducing the 10s hacks to a 5s hack seems a pretty reasonable first baby step to me: spending half your spawn just to hack something is not very excellent. If the 5s hack proves to be still too long for Ion, it can always be changed later. The idea here is that a 5s hack would be preferable to the current 10s hack.

And as for the hack at hangar, I disagree that it would just be for final obj. But, even if I would accept that, that 10s hack usually takes an entire spawn to get, you can sk with like 1-2 seconds left on the timer, because you also have to first walk to the hack. These 5 extra seconds you would be getting would not have a negative impact on the gameplay in my opinion. (And who enjoys standing still and holding down +use anyways.)