Re: Mission on Cloud City - siege_bespin

Grab wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:10 pm1. Lowered one box on obj1 so it will be(?) easier for defenders.
If you were questioning your English this is fine. But I don't know why you're doing this, I can't see it making it any easier to defend and it'll make hitting the lock a lot easier too. What you've done with this is limit where the defence can play to behind the shield or the wall whereas previously hiding behind that box was useful too.

I've expressed my views on the objective 2 turrets often enough I'm not going to articulate them for every version it's not changed. However, one alternative is to have an on/off turret hack (2 seconds?) somewhere the turrets can't hit. They could either come back on after say 20-30 seconds or they must be hacked back on by the defenders, maybe make this like a 5 sec hack (any class). Screenshot of possible placement below. Jedi is decent enough on the outside bit of objective 2 I'd leave the clip around the edges.

I think extra objectives are unnecessary, if O assault gets Golan make it 100 HP no bacta Golan would be extremely useful on this map: particularly objective 1, inside on 2, 5 and, the inside part of final. D Jedi could be given throw 2 possibly but I wouldn't do anything beyond that but, I'm not sure that's needed really it's a good class as it is.
Attachments
wall.jpg
wall.jpg (584.3 KiB) Viewed 2729 times

August update!

Well, it is time to do some balance tweaks. Here is what I am planning:

O Assault: replacing bacta with big bacta
I want him to be more tanky and being kind of counter in small objectives.

O HW: increase blaster ammo to 600
I want him be more useful against destroyable objectives. Now you run out of ammo pretty fast.

O Demo: 50 HP, 50 SP, bacta, 20 mines
Well, he was pretty useless for long time.

O Tech: adding stun baton
I want him to be more useful on destroyable objectives. I dont want him be too good too, see also D Tech.

D Demo: 50 HP, 50 SP, bacta
He can't be countered hard by tech now.

D Tech: jump 3 to jump 2
He was too faggy for long time. He couldnt be countered by enemy tech because of jump and was too flexible

If you have any other ideas, post them here.

Also I want to re-relase .pk3 with all balance changes so you can see them in menu. Also might add retreat from codes to lift so some american is not crying this much. Also with new dank levelshot and other screenshots.

If you are going to release a new pk3 anyway why not include some layout changes?

For example make the landing platform at last obj either smaller, or just put a hole there somewhere, so people can't circle around it.

Also add more health to the droid, because certain horrible people tend to shoot at it and kill it. For reference, on ansion I gave him 99999999 health.

Updated classes via server:
Rebel assault: speed to 1.1(was 1.05)
Rebel demo: starts with 100/15
Rebel tech: jump 2(was 3)
Rebel jedi: sab. def 3(was 2), pull 1(was 2), health 50(was 60)

Imperial assault: speed to 1.1(was 1), big bacta(was bacta)
Imperial heavy: 600 blaster ammo
Imperial demo: starts with 100/25, added extra ammo
Imperial tech: added stun baton

Changes I did:
Obj1:
Removed facing flag from hack
Obj3:
  Reveal hidden contents
More cover so gunners can be more useful on this obj.
Obj4:
  Reveal hidden contents
Moved lift to make it easier to get top for attackers.
Obj6:
  Reveal hidden contents
Circle run on this obj was too faggy. RIP.

Changes I want to do:
General:
- Add locations done
Obj1:
- P̶r̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶e̶r̶s̶(̶H̶W̶)̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶c̶k̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶. done
- F̶i̶x̶ ̶m̶e̶t̶a̶ ̶r̶o̶o̶m̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶. done
- S̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶v̶e̶r̶/̶n̶i̶c̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶d̶e̶f̶e̶n̶d̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶y̶b̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶n̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶s̶p̶a̶w̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶o̶r̶. done
Obj2:
- Move attackers spawn a little to make it harder to launch. It feels faggy for defenders. done
- Make hack proposed by Black for 10/15 seconds. done
- Nerf turrets hp so they can be 1shoted by fully charged pistol. done
Obj4:
- More obstacles to make it harder for attackers to launch because of new lift. done
- A̶d̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶e̶l̶e̶p̶o̶r̶t̶. done
Obj6:
- Make more fun to play inside and make defenders to play more inside by making it easier to attack Twin-pod(removed 2 high boxes, look at screenshot). Give me some ideas if you have some.