Kuat Raid

In this release there are only 3 objectives included, 2 of which are in essentially the same place and can be completed in any order, download link is at the bottom of this post. The spawn points do not change at any point. Objective 4 is intended to be a TF2 style payload objective however, the coding necessary for this has not been done and I've had the map sitting for a while so I decided I'd check the balance of the first 3 objectives in anticipation of Duo hopefully being kind enough to code what I need. I do not expect this map to take very long the map is supposed to have a showpiece objective to take up maybe 70% of the time but it's just not doable right now. I've limited the round to a maximum of 10 minutes but I am hoping a good hold would be around 5 minutes (although this may be optimistic on my part looking at it currently this might turn out to be a very short map). Hopefully we can get some games here to test it. If i'm honest I am open to completely deleting these objectives and starting over if this just doesn't work. Just as an aside Kuat is a Star Wars planet whenever I need a map name I just Google a list.

Classes are fairly standard but notable exceptions are as follows:

- O HW full speed with concussion rifle with 55 HP (max armour 30 however as yet there are no armour stations in this portion of the map although there is intended to be at least 1 at objective 4)

- O tech is faster than normal with e-11, no shield, and 75 HP.

- D tech is faster than normal with 1 sentry (possibly will be increased to 2)

- D Jedi cannot throw but does have 130% speed, push/pull 2, sense 1, Lightsaber O/D 3, and jump 3.

- D scout HP 50, speed 100%, and jet-pack.

Skins and class models don't exactly align with the team they are supposed to be on so apologies for that but as I've said this isn't exactly a full release more of a preview of what is to come.

Kuat Raid

Re: Kuat Raid

Black wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:04 pm Objective 4 is intended to be a TF2 style payload objective however, the coding necessary for this has not been done ... the map is supposed to have a showpiece objective to take up maybe 70% of the time but it's just not doable right now.

BTW, the swoop obj on Urban is essentially a payload obj, in case nobody has realized that. It just doesn't roll backward, and doesn't completely block you from moving it if enemies are nearby (although they can easily kill you). Black can just make that; I don't really want to code a bunch of custom train logic for his map when I don't even know if it will ever be completed. If, by some miracle in the future, his map is completed and the obj works well, then maybe I can do something; otherwise, it's a waste of time for me at this point.

I only really made the map to make a payload objective, In fact I was probably going to just run it as a payload map and maybe add some other objectives later on. I don't think the swoop objective is too similar really since you move in a non defined path and you're very vulnerable when you move the vehicle. If you aren't coding it that's fine I might just do something else with the area at some point.