Taanab

Taanab Assault (KTR3)

This map was made using the singleplayer map t3_stamp (mutant rancor map) the changes to make it a siege map didn't involve changing too much in terms of the layout and brush work.
In this siege battle the Imperials (First Order I guess) are trying to obtain the original method for creating a mutant rancor and the rebel (resistance) skeleton force that occupies the factory are trying to stop them.

Classes

Offence --- HW: Sacrifices HP for standard speed --- Assault: Standard HP and slower (0.9) due to carrying golan, repeater and E11 --- Demo: Fairly standard
--- Scout: Basic scout class --- Tech: Force user Absorb,3 Push,2 Team Energise,3 Sense 2 Team heal,1 Protect,2 Absorb,2 fast force regen + pistol
--- Jedi: Saberist with drain and protect
Defence --- HW: Standard Wookie --- Assault: Extra health 155 det packs, repeater and E11 --- Demo Standard without det packs --- Scout: Standard
--- Tech: Standard shield Jan --- Staff Saberist with heal and mind trick (good ambush class)

Hopefully this can be good with 2s upwards because it's a big map but the objectives aren't that far from the spawn points. Suggestions are appreciated either here, in game or via steam.

Update 16/08/2017 : Version 1.05 details below.
Attachments
shot0004.jpg
shot0004.jpg (422.74 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
shot0002.jpg
shot0002.jpg (448.3 KiB) Viewed 3872 times
shot0001.jpg
shot0001.jpg (376 KiB) Viewed 3872 times

Re: Taanab

Version 1.05 16/08/2017

Classes: The only change so far is defence scout has a jetpack and reduced HP it should hopefully make the class more mobile and able to counter hitting objectives from relatively far away, currently the offence doesn't have demp so this class may be OP but we'll try it out before jumping to conclusions.

Objectives: I've closed off as many distance hit locations as possible and I've moved the spawn points to much better areas. The major structural changes are only really in the last room near the 3rd objective to make combat there more interesting.

Consider this more a fixed version of the previous than anything else; very little has changed I have some ideas on an extra objective and possibly reworking the current final objective that aren't implemented right now because I lost interest a bit.

dem0n wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 pm I renamed
siege_taanab v1.05
to
siege_taanab
and autodl is working now for this map. For future please do not use dots in file names.
That's kinda shitty will it even overwrite the old one or will people load a bad map?

Hoth 2, cargo2 and narshaddaa all have dots in their file names why do they work?

dem0n wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:22 pm I renamed
siege_taanab v1.05
to
siege_taanab
and autodl is working now for this map. For future please do not use dots in file names.
Black wrote: That's kinda shitty will it even overwrite the old one or will people load a bad map?
I think it should overwrite the old one.
Black wrote: Hoth 2, cargo2 and narshaddaa all have dots in their file names why do they work?
Maybe because they have underscore symbol [ _ ]:
siege_hoth2_v1.0
siege_cargobarge2_v1.2
and your file map has a space between text. You should try to add underscore symbol and see if that works.

Btw if you want to use version numbers in the bsp, I can setup the server to redirect votes to the newest map version. I'm planning on doing this next time I release a map, e.g. /callvote map siege_kasme ==> auto-detects and calls vote for siege_kasme_b9.bsp