Re: More stuff

Do you remember Sith's legendary aim on mines? His bad aim is one thing but second thing is mines/dets model being "broken". Model is not touching ground and it's hitbox is lower than you think. I tried to fix it by changing model position but then model angles are broken for some reason. I would also have to change effects and many players use custom effects. You need to lower model and effects position in newmod. Video:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can we also update flags already? You wanted me to make new, cool models, I made 2 new flags and they are actualy ready for 2 years now. Here is my idea for custom flags: for base flag all options should be turned off/greyed out. Custom flags need to have removed weird angles when carried/dropped. Then you can customize them. Rotation and up/down speeds hardcoded.

I don't think people really know or care about font ratio stuff. It's just cosmetic, and while it would probably be mildly annoying for ultrawide users, I don't know a single JKA player who owns a 21:9 or 32:9 monitor. I'm not going to spend a large amount of time addressing an issue that's not really an issue for 99.9% of players. And personally, I'm quite used to the way fonts look at 16:9, don't mind it at all, and even slightly prefer it over the "correct" way. 16:9 has been, and will continue to be, the standard of FPS gaming, and is always the priority of anything I code that relates to aspect ratios.

Text is really not a major part of JKA aside from chat and simple HUD (cg_hudFiles). People start up JKA, connect to the server they want, and start playing; they don't mess around in menus for hours, all-the-while wishing the letters on their screen looked slightly narrower. Worthwhile changes to menus are ones that actually improve functionality e.g. the demos search bar, or the submenus for each cvar added in Newmod 1.4. I've also been thinking about adding a search bar for easily finding cvars/commands in the Newmod menu.

This is obvious problem especialy for chatting. Chat and typing messages are about 30% longer than should be. This is fixed in EternalJK, it is open source and author let us copy code for fixed fonts. They look much better:
  Reveal hidden contents

Also can you fix stuff on right side? They overlap.
  Reveal hidden contents

Also I think you can make small FPS indicator in top right corner. It didn't work well before because of shitty texture/font scaling. We can fix it by generating new font image with smaller characters so scaling won't hurt it.

Onasi wrote: Not going to lie, I still have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the font. And yes, I have seen the picture. Still no clue.
Black wrote:
Grab wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:16 pm
Onasi wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:09 pm Not going to lie, I still have absolutely no idea what is wrong with the font. And yes, I have seen the picture. Still no clue.
You might be blind.
I don't really see it either.

I made comparison for you. Absolutely no difference and no space gain.

Onasi wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:36 pm Alright I do see it now. You are not going to like me for it though, but I 100% prefer the bugged look.
Then don't use fixed version but there should be fixed version. Some dude fixed it for me in few minutes since it is half fixed in OpenJK(also in NewJK).