More stuff

Fix:
- Win10 update broke minimizing game. Game "freezes" for few seconds, sound repeats itself and usually can't do anything meanwhile;
- Fix fonts ratio (newjk?);
- Fix non-english letters and other sings(%, " etc) for fonts(RIP basejka users);
- Fix ratio for loading screen bar, alt rocket circle. Maybe profile/force pictures and other menu stuff so menu doesn't cover 3/4 of 16:9 screens for nothing?;
- Fix water steps. If you walk in water(see bespin/yavin) you can hear water sound and foot steps at once and they break each other. SP also has it bugged but it works in JKO SP. It still works weird tho. You can hear both water and footsteps sounds in 3rd person and water sound only in 1st person. You should probably hear water sound only always;
- Bring back 1st person weapons animations and make cvar to disable them. Wtf...;
- Fix not being able to see server list on quick preview(in game) when being in local game;
- Fix disruptor siege sound. It should be heard by player whos doing it only. Also sound doesn't break when you unscope;
- Fix health/armor HUD for siege. Armor max value is copied from health and might be misleading. Here is what I mean:
  Reveal hidden contents

Improvements:
- Add max health/armor info to HUD. It is easier to learn new classes and it is more informative when you are healing/shielding:
  Reveal hidden contents
- Remove armor value from HUD if class can't have any shield; done
- Add cvar for true 5:4 ratio for 16:9 screens(black bars on sides);
- Add small team icon over sentries for spectator(or even for players) for easier recognition.

@edited
Last edited by Grab on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: More stuff

- Win10 update broke minimizing game. Game "freezes" for few seconds, sound repeats itself and usually can't do anything meanwhile;
Press Win+I to open Windows settings, search for "Focus Assist" and set "When I'm playing a game" to off.
-Fix fonts ratio (newjk?);
Might happen in a future update, will be a huge amount of work because we will have to completely redo HUD alignment for every aspect ratio separately.
-Fix non-english letters and other sings(%, " etc) for fonts(RIP basejka users);
Fixed % and " for next update already.
-Fix ratio for loading screen bar, alt rocket circle. Maybe profile/force pictures and other menu stuff so menu doesn't cover 3/4 of 16:9 screens for nothing?;
Loading screen bar has been fixed for next update, alt rocket circle has to do with same reason disruptor scope is non-ratio fixed because it's a rotated image of a pie slice. IIRC profile pictures are already ratio fixed.
- Fix water steps. If you walk in water(see bespin/yavin) you can hear water sound and foot steps at once and they break each other. SP also has it bugged but it works in JKO SP. It still works weird tho. You can hear both water and footsteps sounds in 3rd person and water sound only in 1st person. You should probably hear water sound only always;
Example spot on a map?
- Bring back 1st person weapons animations and make cvar to disable them. Wtf...;
Do people really care about this? Most people play in third person (the superior person).
- Fix not being able to see server list on quick preview(in game) when being in local game;
There are a lot of issues with local games, half the time my JKA crashes when I try it. I don't recommend doing it, and issues relating to it are arguably outside the scope of Newmod.
- Fix disruptor siege sound. It should be heard by player whos doing it only. Also sound doesn't break when you unscope;
You can't stop non-looping sounds in JKA, and you can hear normal charge sounds of other players.
- Fix health/armor HUD for siege. Armor max value is copied from health and might be misleading. Here is what I mean:
Not a bug. The health bar establishes how much HP is represented by each segment of the bars. The armor in that screenshot is half of that amount, so it is correct.
- Add max health/armor info to HUD. It is easier to learn new classes and it is more informative when you are healing/shielding:
That information is already in the join menu in Newmod.
- Remove armor value from HUD if class can't have any shield;
Maybe, would require some extra coding since that number is not known to clients aside from possibly inaccurate clientside class files. I tend to avoid things that require a lot of work relative to small benefit.
?
- Add small team icon over sentries for spectator(or even for players) for easier recognition.
What map even has sentries on both teams?
- Seeker bug/scope bug while you're spectator.
Need a demo.
- Item "box" for carrier is too small for some models:
It's good enough.
- More than one item support(desert)?
Maybe.
- Allow to use custom fonts for HUD. Now it is forced to use 2d/numbers or something.
?
Many vid_restarts break fonts:
Then stop vid restarting.

-Fix ratio for loading screen bar, alt rocket circle. Maybe profile/force pictures and other menu stuff so menu doesn't cover 3/4 of 16:9 screens for nothing?;
Loading screen bar has been fixed for next update, alt rocket circle has to do with same reason disruptor scope is non-ratio fixed because it's a rotated image of a pie slice. IIRC profile pictures are already ratio fixed.
Are you sure? Alt rocket uses one image that is just rotated but it is static thing.

Example spot on a map?
  Reveal hidden contents
Two first clips are from jka(bespin, yavin), third one is from JK2 SP yavin_swamp. Also look at different sound in shallow water and different sound in deep water. It is cool.

Do people really care about this? Most people play in third person (the superior person).
I am first person peasant. Pls bring it back, it is less boring.

You can't stop non-looping sounds in JKA, and you can hear normal charge sounds of other players.
Atleast remove that sound if "g_sexyDisruptor" is turned on, with this command this sound is useless actually.

?
This is how 1280x1024 looks for 16:9 screens:
  Reveal hidden contents
Should be:
  Reveal hidden contents
What map even has sentries on both teams?
No map with sentries on both teams atm, but it is still pretty annyoing imo.

- Allow to use custom fonts for HUD. Now it is forced to use 2d/numbers or something.
?
Default HUD is forced to use 'gfx/2d/numbers' as font. This literally stops us from making better HUD because it is "static". Look at that big gap between HP icon and HP number, it shouldn't exist.
  Reveal hidden contents
In .menu files we can define which font we want to use but it doesnt work for HUD. TBH should bring JK2 HUD to JKA too, with all its animations.

Btw, there are sentries on some CTF/TDM maps.

Btw2, can you do something with effects when damaging something with lightsabers? These effects ruin FPS hard. I think it is because these big "glowing" things.

Btw3, how about fixing ammo all and health pack models(new assets)? There is hole in ammo all model. Health pack model position is wrong and like 30% of model is under ground.

r_showtriscolor doesn't work, it does in SP.
Weapons/forces/items icons are stretched in 'rules' menu.
Can't join power duel server. IDK if it is bad server configuration. I get this error "recurvise error after: Invalid class specified: 'Imperial Demolitionist'"

Can we update radar?
- Bug: when player is not rendered, he is not shown on radar, even when player is in
radarRange
range. Look, here Jedi is hidden beheind wall and is not rendered and then i change my position and I can see him again:
  Reveal hidden contents
- Improvement: Border which limits icons is too big imo. Icons being on extreme radar border look bad. Reduce that circle size to inner circle?
  Reveal hidden contents
- Improvement: Make weapons/items and other pickable items display on radar when that entity is in
radarRange
range.
- Improvement: Let spectators use radar with, add red/blue arrows for players in team games.
- Improvement: Dank terrain in radar. There is SP mod that has that and is open source and eezstreet is leader I think. Terrain here is screenshot from radiant.
  Reveal hidden contents
Here is "script" for it:
bottomRight "3240 -3400"
topLeft "-2040 1880"
image "gfx/minimaps/yavin_hangar"
There are also other cool things: TrueView for weapons and lightsaber, weapons from SP are usable for player.
https://github.com/JKEnhanced/OpenJK