Stats

I've completely rewritten the obj time tracking to use the base_enhanced CTF stats system. Because we are now using the CTF stats system, we can add stats tracking for pretty much anything. Stats are displayed automatically at the end of round 1 and round 2. You can also manually view them with the /stats command. If done during a round, it will not show stats for the current round, so you can't derive immediately practicable information from it, e.g. determining an enemy's current health by spamming /stats and monitoring his damage taken).

You are shown three tables:
1. Obj times
2. General stats
3. Map-specific stats (on supported maps)

Here are the stats I've implemented so far:

General stats (all maps):
CAP
SAVE - (on supported maps, # of times you killed someone extremely close to completing an objective, this also gives holy shit award on newmod)
OFFKIL/DMGDEALT
OFFDTH/DMGTKN
DEFKIL/DMGDEALT
DEFDTH/DMGTKN
MAXES
MAXED
AVGWAIT (average spawn wait time in seconds when you died, not including selfkills)
SK

Map-specific stats (5 maps supported right now):
Hoth
GENDMG
CODESTIME
CCDMG
TECHMAX/KILL (two stats grouped together; # of times you maxed the d tech / # of times total you killed the d tech)
ATSTKILL (# of times you killed the walker)
ATSTDMG
SHIELD (# of shields placed)
SHIELDUPTIME (total amount of time your shields existed, including when you were standing on them)

Nar
STATION1DMG
STATION2DMG
CODESTIME
TECHMAX/KILL (two stats grouped together; # of times you maxed the d tech / # of times total you killed the d tech)
SHIELD (# of shields placed)
SHIELDUPTIME (total amount of time your shields existed, including when you were standing on them)

Cargo
ARRAYDMG
NODE1DMG
NODE2DMG
CODESTIME
HACKS (# of non-objective hacks you did, e.g. vent hack)

Desert
WALLDMG
STATION1DMG
STATION2DMG
STATION3DMG
GATEDMG
PARTS (# of parts you captured)
PARTSTIME

Korri
TEMPGATEDMG
BLUETIME
GREENTIME
REDTIME
SCEPTGATEDMG
ALTGATEDMG
SCEPTTIME
COFFINDMG

Let me know if you have ideas for any other stats.

This system is obviously not on the server yet; next time I update the server mod it will be.

Re: Stats

Is it possible to graphically display cumulative damage done/kills per person minute by minute? This might be an interesting look at thing e.g. "grab was totally useless for 5 minutes costing us 3 objectives what an idiot" or similar. Or failing this a breakdown of kills/damage on an objective basis per player in a tabular format would also be good.
I kind of like the idea of viewing the stats and saying "well if you had more than a single kill at obj3 we might have held there" or similar.

Edit: Perhaps this graph could also mark out class changes (possibly looking at the players most played class during that minute and only marking a class change when this most played class changes, this would stop the possibility of 100 class changes being displayed on a graph). IDK if any of this is doable but it'd be interesting.

Yeah I have thought about putting in some graphical (ASCII) depictions of some stats. The one I initially thought of was showing when each team got objs. Like two horizontal lines (one for each team) that have segments along the line in different colors, representing each objective. So you could visually see that while you were on obj 3, the other team was already on obj 6.

The per-obj stats would be interesting, but we have to find a balance between too few stats and too many. We don't want information overload every time you finish a map. Whatever is shown should still be relatively neat and compact. Maybe some additional stats you can access by typing a command would be the way to do that.

A few updates:

1. I added OFFFREEZE, OFFGOTFROZEN, DEFFREEZE, and DEFGOTFROZEN. Shows the amount of time you froze enemies or got frozen.

2. MAXED was renamed to GOTMAXED for clarity.

3. I removed the AVGWAIT stat since it was almost always between 8-10 and wasn't very interesting.

4. I added stats for Bespin.

Damage dealt/taken stats are now properly capped at the amount of health/armor the target has. For example, if dude1 has 4 HP and dude2 shoots a rocket at his head, it will only count as 4 points of damage.

This also prevents similar issues e.g. "shield generator damage" stat showing numbers greater than the shield gen's max hp.