Re: Class change notification

Maybe this is worth revisiting 1 year later? One of the main arguments against it seems to be that people were changing class immediately before the spawn, but now that we have the "don't show class icons to the enemies until after the spawn" feature, that argument is moot.

There's also the option of me making this a clientside feature in the next Newmod release (default to on? default to off?)

Should do it.

I don't even get why people were against this even when enemy classes weren't hidden until spawn. It would have only worked for your teammate, and just because it wasn't useful if everyone switched right before spawn, it didn't mean it wouldn't have been a nice thing to have.

Onasi wrote: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:31 am Should do it.

I don't even get why people were against this even when enemy classes weren't hidden until spawn. It would have only worked for your teammate, and just because it wasn't useful if everyone switched right before spawn, it didn't mean it wouldn't have been a nice thing to have.
Since classes were visible to everyone at the time I assumed this would be a global message to everyone. Also, it was pointless at the time as no one can react to the 0.2 second class binds. Back when this was a thing I used to sometimes change classes with 6 seconds left of the spawn if possible and then switch back when the enemy changed classes at the end.