Re: Rcon vote pass/fail feature

Onasi denying the ctf community is full of trolls. When you have to ask whether so and so will be trying in the upcoming game, I think a tempban is in order. If you started banning people temporarily for ruining matches, rcon commands such as votefail would be unnecessary. I can think of a least 3 games within the past week where alpha decided he couldn't be bothered to try. I can think of several more where s3 went "dark only" because he deemed teams to uneven. I could sit here all day and list troll matches that have occurred in the last month. I play a couple (maybe 3) ctf matches a week. Even with such a small sample size, at least 1 such match is a joke. The rcon commands are far more necessary in ctf, altho I think tempbanning would be more effective. These commands were created specifically for ctf and should remain in ctf where trolling is abound. Hell, alpha even trolls on the boards. Case in point.

ceasar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm Onasi denying the ctf community is full of trolls. When you have to ask whether so and so will be trying in the upcoming game, I think a tempban is in order. If you started banning people temporarily for ruining matches, rcon commands such as votefail would be unnecessary. I can think of a least 3 games within the past week where alpha decided he couldn't be bothered to try.
I don't really know what you are saying here, Alpha is just simply bad at Jedi Academy, leave the poor fella alone.
(Also if he never tries why does he still get picked? Seems to me I should probably tempban the captains.)
ceasar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:40 pm Hell, alpha even trolls on the boards. Case in point.
alpha wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 pm sіth is my favorite admin
Sith you shouldn't let this go unpunished!
Black wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:44 pm Edit: btw it's from scratch rather than scrap it doesn't really make sense but what does in English. Actually I looked it up and it comes from: the scratch drawn in the ground serving as the starting line of a foot race. A runner “starting from scratch” received no handicap, but started at the beginning of the course.
That.. indeed doesn't make much sense but okay. :(
Black wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:44 pm This isn't really relevant though it's a totally different feature to protect from people who don't want to play. The only use for vote fail/pass is for an admin to enforce their will on map choice, which defeats the point of votes. The only example you've given is Grab spamming votes for "shitty map" since this is subjective I take exception anyway and there is a cooldown in vote calling so people can call a different vote when it inevitably fails. At the end of the day majority rules if 4/6 people want to sillyroom you either get on with it or leave you don't kill the vote because "troll map" before people can decide. Sometimes something different is fun, I'd like to play a few different maps to what we normally do but with this feature there would be 0 chance of that because anything different from the usual 3/4/5 maps is "trolling" and would be killed. Accidental vote calls are your opportunity to use the vote no button.
Okay fair enough, I guess the point I was trying to make is that votefail/votepass may not be something crucial to implement, but it would be super easy to do so anyway and could turn out beneficial eventually.

alpha wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:19 am sіth admins versus o🅱asi admins:

• sіth admins are skilled at the video game
  • sіth admins don't abuse votepass and votefail
  • sіth admins can update their servers alone
  • sіth admins gift nice steam games
  • sіth admins make pretty websites

Result: sіth admins 5 - o🅱asi admins 0
👌