Urban
Total votes: 6 (24%)
Bespin b15
Total votes: 3 (12%)
Ansion
Total votes: 4 (16%)
Total votes: 25

Re: What is your favourite map?

Onasi wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:30 pm I'm surprised by how much love Ansion is getting (and that it was even included :D). I suppose I should really put some effort to moving it out of beta phase.
Ansion got potential but in my opinion obj's after killing luke or fat reborn could be more playable or at least more clear.
There should be an forcefield behind droid to close next obj before current is done.
Still i prefer to play ansion instead of urban.

Grab wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:15 am Dude is too sensitive. Still, for pools there is general discussion.
Pool bout maps in mapping thread, for me it fits just perfect. And i voted for your bespin too, you shoud be happy.
I see hoth is not liked by CTF players same as nar. I think removing forcefields from d tech could make these more dynamic and more enjoyable.

My favorite map is Cargo because its complexity rewards smart positioning and teamwork. Also, I find the class loadouts more interesting:
  • Detpacks instead of mines = strategic placement of a few detpacks, and timing your mouse2 instead of spamming 10 mines everywhere in like 2 nanoseconds. Detpacks not auto-detonating based on proximity, and the fact that they explode when the demo dies/SKs also makes it so ojan doesn't feel "required" like it can on other maps when defenders have placed mines everywhere.
  • Throw1 and protect for ojedi instead of throw2 = encourages ninja/surprise tactics and allows you to punish defenders who are playing too far forward, instead of simply pullthrowing people out in the open. Also, protect allows you to push through chokepoints/doorways without insta-dying to splash damage, while requiring you to carefully manage your force points.
  • Djedi's loadout encourages ninja/surprise tactics, similar to ojedi.
  • E11 for ojan = allows ojan to get kills and destroy destructible objs, which means the defense can't ignore her. Especially in 2v2, where on Hoth/Nar/Bespin you can simply kill the non-jan attacker and feel 99% safe that they won't get the obj. And yes, I know Bespin ojan has stun baton and "it can technically damage objs", but stun baton is still worthless in combat and barely does any damage to objs.

ghoul wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:37 amI see hoth is not liked by CTF players same as nar. I think removing forcefields from d tech could make these more dynamic and more enjoyable.
These maps were designed and balanced with shields being a thing. If you remove shields, it drastically messes with the balance of the map. I'm mainly referring to small indoor areas in Hoth/Nar, in which shields are one of the only things stopping the ojedi+otech combo from just speedrunning right through your defenses. For example, in Grab's "Hoth" rework, he removed shields. The codes obj is completely broken due to how easy it is for offense to push through. Defending in the main area is worthless; camping in the codes delivery room is the new best defense -- which is a way less fun and interesting.

Urban does not have this issue, particularly because:
  • The objectives are larger. You have much more ability to maneuver away from the jedi/evade her, and you have more time to damage her from far away before she gets close enough to pullthrow you.
  • There are no "insta-cap" objs. e.g. Hoth bridge/codes/hangar and Nar codes. These are objs that either trigger instantly by touching the trigger or simply hitting +use for 1 frame. These objs make simply repelling the ojedis (keeping them physically away from the obj) the #1 priority...and what is the most effective area denial tool in the game? Shields. With Urban's 1.5-second hack objs, you can't simply breeze by the defenders and insta-cap the obj, so defense is less focused on simply physically repelling the attackers.

Hoth seems to be making a comeback! R.I.P. nar though.

My favoUrite map would also be cargo of course, because of its complexity, and special layout. I feel playing on cargo is always different in some ways, whereas other siege maps tend to be the same no matter how many times you play them.

And as for the layout, no other map utilises the layout from the previous objectives for the next obj; this is something that makes cargo stand out even more, making it more special.

I voted for :
-hoth: classic map i know what to do and simply i like it,
-cargo: map is good but personally i h8 2nd obj and can't defend whie both stations are active, map is hard to play as D HW [slow class]
-bespin: after first bad i impression, map is enjoyable and fun, tech with jump is annoying as fuck and obj with generator [4th i think] isn't my fav

About other maps:
Ansion: nice but need some tweaks to be better, but there is potential in it
Nar: station objs are spammy, although rest is fine
Urban: deadly trash WTF is that shit, heal stations are unnecesary, O HW is garbage, D jedi is garbage, D scout is garbage