Re: Random teams sux!

I'm not suggesting we add the stats together to produce some number. Everything would require logic and modifiers. Also, we would have to define ideal profiles for each class. It could be made to work with some rigorous logic. I can post what I mean this weekend. I would offer to code something, but my knowledge of C is minimal. I could 100% do it in Matlab, but I don't think that helps.

The best solution to randomizer deficiencies is really just proposing swaps in the chat.

The problem with chat swapping is that it requires people genuinely acting in good faith in the interest of even teams. When you have someone that wants to stack the teams in their favor to win at all costs, who is unwilling to concede to swaps, this system breaks down. Case in point: yesterday when I played with Grab and Randir on Cargo, and then next pug, the randomizer puts Sith with the same two on Hoth and he starts calling shuffle votes and refusing to play, and then throwing on permalando the entire match. When someone only considers arguably-stacked teams to be problematic if they aren't on the stacked side, they aren't acting in good faith.

Assuming everyone is acting in good faith and wants an even match, randomizer + player separation parameters + chat swaps == recipe for good teams.

If I code any additional team randomization stuff, it would probably be just a tiers system, and only if people express interest in it. Elo is problematic and would require an insane amount of coding.

Yesterday it should be: separate Randir and Ghoul + Separate Duo and Onasi, but still it would not guarantee anything. Any team with Duo+Onasi or Duo+Alpha or Onasi+Alpha was autowin. I played these shit teams just to have fun playing scout (not much occasion to do that usually) but normally i should just RQ @ first map on cargo. Only hoth was quite even game. Let's just do for 3s cointoss and pick, winner picks one, loser two.

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to always have balanced teams, sometimes even the closest teams are going to be stacked ones.

Plus a lot depends on what map we are currently playing: take that Urban game for example. It would have been a lot, lot closer on say cargo.

Onasi wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 10:22 am Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to always have balanced teams, sometimes even the closest teams are going to be stacked ones.

Plus a lot depends on what map we are currently playing: take that Urban game for example. It would have been a lot, lot closer on say cargo.
Me+Randir is autolose and criminal to any player letting us to play together, map doesn't matter, it could be a little closer @ cargo coz Alpha couldn't rape so much as scout but still we would lose.

@Stacked games, i know it is impossible to always have close games, but yesterday i played 4 games and 3 were stacked as hell. As i saw on demo archive you played later nar, hoth and cargo and again only hoth was equal rest were stacked again. 7 games: 5 stax 2 equal, something is not right, it should be opposite: 5 equal 2 stax.
Saturday, sunday and monday was better, most games were equal.