Re: Star Wars: Episode IX

(Hijacking thread) Lord! You are still alive! How you doing, haven't seen you in ages? Like aaaaaaages.

(Back on topic) I've heard ep9 was quite bad, but not ep8 level of bad, so who knows. I've only seen ep7 though, and I would rate that as the worst star wars film so idk:(

hannah wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:08 pm (Hijacking thread) Lord! You are still alive! How you doing, haven't seen you in ages? Like aaaaaaages.

(Back on topic) I've heard ep9 was quite bad, but not ep8 level of bad, so who knows. I've only seen ep7 though, and I would rate that as the worst star wars film so idk:(
Sup :) im good, but completely lost interest in playing any games online. Fallen Order was something i needed and i love this game.

Well if you hate EP7 i'm sure you will like EP8 and dislike 9 :) try 8 i think it will be good 4 u.

Is JKA alive or dead last days?

ghoul wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:58 pm Sup :) im good, but completely lost interest in playing any games online. Fallen Order was something i needed and i love this game.

Well if you hate EP7 i'm sure you will like EP8 and dislike 9 :) try 8 i think it will be good 4 u.

Is JKA alive or dead last days?
Someone lended me their account, so got to play Fallen Order a bit. I liked it a lot, but sadly, subscription has already expired and I can't afford spending 15 euros on it :(
But yeah, I understand not being interested at playing games online anymore, there is just too much to do.

Also, I don't know, I've heard terrible things about ep8 as well. :)
I will just stick to the Mandalorian now, I haven't finished it yet but it's pretty amazing. Should give it a try, if you like Star Wars. Also The Clone Wars season 7 coming in february, so there is that to look forward to!

Yeah JKA is still alive, both ctf and siege. It's pretty crazy.

Mandalorian is quite good but still i prefer movies.
Clone Wars isn't for me, except old Tartakovsky's CW.
But it's good SW are big enough to make everyone be able to find good content in this universe :)

Witcher > Mando @TV series. And i'm not a Witcher fan, it's just better show.

ghoul wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 3:18 pm Mandalorian is quite good but still i prefer movies.
Clone Wars isn't for me, except old Tartakovsky's CW.
But it's good SW are big enough to make everyone be able to find good content in this universe :)

Witcher > Mando @TV series. And i'm not a Witcher fan, it's just better show.
The Mandalorian has
  Reveal hidden contents
Baby Yoda
though. I don't see any series competing with that. <3

Edit: The spoiler function is vastly different from what I've envisioned it would be.

I felt ep 9 was all over the place. So many different things happening, it's like he was trying to cram 3 seasons of a TV show into one movie.
  Reveal hidden contents
Bringing back Palpatine felt kind of desperate and kind of ruins Darth Vader's character arc in the original trilogy because he didn't actually do anything.
I did enjoy it more than TLJ because it at least wasn't boring as fuck to watch, and it didn't end 45 minutes after it should have like TLJ did.

Here's a good review of RoS; I agree with most of the stuff they say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pAsss_nTlk (this is the same channel I've posted reviews from in the past)

If you want to kill time for a couple hours, it's alright I guess. I wouldn't make a special trip to the theater for it. I watched a cam rip that I torrented (rekt).

Duo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:16 am If you want to kill time for a couple hours, it's alright I guess. I wouldn't make a special trip to the theater for it. I watched a cam rip that I torrented (rekt).
Why would you do that to yourself?

Spoiler free review:

I thought it was a pretty decent film, a lot of things were neglected because it felt like there was a lot to get through in the film. It was certainly rushed and I think it suffered from having to use the old Leia scenes. However as a trilogy I don't think it really came together, I'm not sure if the reports of having no overall direction for the 3 films are true or not but if they are it certainly explains a lot. I was a fan of VIII but it didn't move the plot along all that much so when it came to the end of a trilogy there was too much to do.
  Reveal hidden contents
Regarding Palpatine I honestly think killing off Snoke in the previous episode left them with nowhere to go unless they wanted to make Kylo an irredeemable Sith lord type character instead of the conflicted person he is. They had to bring in a new master and Palpatine was the only one to fit that. Vader still sets in motion the events that ultimately remove the Sith so I don't think it really destroys his arc especially since a lot of his arc is his turn to the dark side (prequels) and then his return to the light / redemption which is personal to Vader.

There was certainly too much going on Finn gets nothing in this film and his supposedly unique relationship with Rey which they made a big deal out if in Episode 7 and again in 8 despite them being apart the whole film should have been explored more. I enjoyed Poe's development and the scenes on the planet where they get the translation. One thing that could have made way for other things is the Sith dagger/wayfinder, we absolutely didn't need both, plus those other stormtroopers didn't have enough time to make an impact and only served to devalue Finn IMO they shouldn't have been in the film the dagger should have just lead them to the Sith planet (Exegol?), the revelation of Rey's lineage could have easily been in Episode 8. At least we got some background on Snoke and how the first order appeared so easily despite the new republic.