Empire
A New Hope
Phantom Menace
Solo
Revenge of the Sith
The Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
The Force Awakens (although I really did like the first half of the film)
Attack of the Clones

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX

Black wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:20 pm If I were to rank Star Wars films in order of my enjoyment now it'd be:

Rogue One
Empire
A New Hope
Phantom Menace
Solo
Revenge of the Sith
The Last Jedi
Return of the Jedi
Rise of Skywalker
The Force Awakens (although I really did like the first half of the film)
Attack of the Clones
I'm physically cringing.

Here are my tiers.

Good movies that I would watch again:
Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars

Watchable; okay for casual entertainment on a plane or something:
Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens
Solo
Rise of Skywalker
Rogue One (last act of the movie)

Boring:
Rogue One (first two acts of the movie)
The Last Jedi

Vomit-inducing garbage:
Phantom Menace
Attack of the Clones
Revenge of the Sith

ghoul wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 4:53 pm That's my rank:

1. TESB 10/10
2. ROTJ 10/10
3. ANH 9.5/10
4. TFA 9/10
5. RO 9/10
6. TROS 8/10
7. ROTS 8/10
8. SOLO 7.5/10
9. AOTC 7.5/10
10. TLJ 7/10
11. TPM 6.5/10
I'm curious why you like ROTJ so much. For me it's decent, but has too many issues that preclude it from being 10/10.
  • Recycled plot from Star Wars that revolves around a second death star. They literally just made another one. But at least it's not as bad as the third death star that we get in The Force Awakens.
  • There's nothing actually tempting Luke to join the emperor. He's just kinda chilling there looking out the window while getting trash talked. There are no stakes involved. At least in Empire Vader wanted his son to join him since they're family; there's nothing tempting Luke to join Palpatine.
      Reveal hidden contents
    At least in Rise of Skywalker the emperor said that she could save her friends if she joined the dark side; this made her actually want to do it
  • Ewoks defeating the imperial army. After the serious/heroic tone we got in the first two movies, the Ewok stuff was just a silly farce. This was the precursor to Jar Jar and other silly kid stuff in the prequels IMO.
  • Leia and Han are basically useless in this movie. The first act of the movie (rescuing Han) has absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the movie. Neither of them do anything important in the rest of the movie; they're just generic grunts on Endor. Leia is literally feeding a wild animal instead of fighting, very engaging /s

Hey we are ranking star wars films!
My list (coping duo's style):

Amazing films that I think have added a lot to the star wars universe and I can rewatch them any time:
The Empire Strikes Back
The Revenge of the Sith

Good films that I really enjoyed, and can rewatch but didn't add as much to Star Wars as Tier 1 films:

Rogue One
A New Hope

Films that had decent parts in it but overall not something I would rewatch:
The Attack of the Clones
Solo
The Phantom Menace
The Clone Wars (yes, the actual animated film)

Films that I can't really find any good parts in:

Return of the Jedi
The Force Awakens

And I have not seen ep8 or ep9.
Also disclaimer: I can not watch any prequel films in their original dubbing, it's straight up cringe inducing and I would sooner watch them in a language I do not speak but with subtitles than in english.

Duo wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:26 pm
I'm curious why you like ROTJ so much. For me it's decent, but has too many issues that preclude it from being 10/10.
Well for me, all star wars films are in this category " Amazing films that I think have added a lot to the star wars universe and I can rewatch them any time"
To be accurate i would rate ROTJ with 9.8 but i just didn't want to put differences like this to my ranking. It is simply more entertaining than ANH, and every technical acpects of this film are better. Worst parts are Jabba's palace and ewoks, this is true but these are not too big issues for me.
Optimistic fanboy i am hmmmmmm.

ghoul wrote: Well for me, all star wars films are in this category " Amazing films that I think have added a lot to the star wars universe and I can rewatch them any time"
I used to be like that as well but then I played the kotor/swtor gamed and they have forever changed my perceptive of good stories.

I rated ep6 one of the lowest because of the re-use of the death star. I always disliked that they couldn't come up with anything new.. I was not very amused when I saw ep7 and realised they once again re-used it..

hannah wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:35 am
ghoul wrote: Well for me, all star wars films are in this category " Amazing films that I think have added a lot to the star wars universe and I can rewatch them any time"
I used to be like that as well but then I played the kotor/swtor gamed and they have forever changed my perceptive of good stories.

I rated ep6 one of the lowest because of the re-use of the death star. I always disliked that they couldn't come up with anything new.. I was not very amused when I saw ep7 and realised they once again re-used it..
Kotor I, II yes that was something new and fresh, strory was great. SWTOR is big but using simple story schema and game itself is boring.
Re-use of death star in VI was never problem to me, i felt like: ok they failed once but why not try again? with better security? it was still obvious the good guys are supposed to win but idea itself wasn't bad. Do you always give up if you fail once? I prefer to stand up and try again... . Starkiller was worst thing in VII i agree but it never destroyed this move for me. VIII got a lot more shit which can make you hate star wars, but i get though and accepted it.