March 31 update

• If you exit an emplaced gun while holding down mouse1, you must now release and then re-press mouse1 to attack. This fixes the annoyance e.g. where you would blow yourself up if you got forced off an emplaced gun with rockets equipped.
  • +using someone now gives ammo for all of your weapons simultaneously. With the base jka code, +using someone was coded poorly and prevented receiving ammo for weapons with 0 ammo. It also gave ammo extremely slowly for everything except rocket launcher, and was basically worthless aside from giving rockets. Now it gives ammo at a rate of: 100 blaster/powercell/metallicbolts per second, 2 thermals/mines/detpacks per second, and 1 rocket per 900ms. The rocket rate is the same as base jka. We can change these rates if needed.
  • Ammo generators no longer give ammo for weapons that you don't have. This means that the "your ammo is full" sound will play right when your ammo becomes full instead of waiting for imaginary weapons to fill up.
  • Ammo/armor/health generators now allow multiple people to use them simultaneously at full speed.
  • You no longer erroneously predict collision with your own rockets (fixed serverside; no client mod update required).
  • Ammo canisters now last 25 seconds (was 20). This means you no longer have to throw cans backwards into your spawn for them to last long enough for people to pick them up. We can tweak this via cvar if needed.
  • Fixed vehicles being able to pick up ammo canisters.
  • Fixed only mouse2 working when holding down both mouse1+mouse2 simultaneously in the walker. You can now simply hold down both mouse buttons to fire both weapons at full speed.
  • Fixed sentries not shooting at targets if a corpse is in between the sentry and its target.
  • Fixed sentries not shooting at someone when placed on certain geometry even though it looks like they should. For example, this fixes sentries placed on the little snow mound at Hoth codes not shooting at someone it can clearly see because a microscopic 1nm piece of snow is "blocking" the sentry. This was caused by the line of sight check being performed from the base of the sentry instead of from the shooty part at the top of the sentry.

Re: March 31 update

Duo wrote:
  • Ammo/armor/health generators now allow multiple people to use them simultaneously at full speed.
Why? This is increasing the value of armour dispensers quite a bit I'm not sure why it was changed tbh. Waiting your turn makes it take longer which can make you prioritise other actions or teammates.
Duo wrote:
  • Ammo canisters now last 25 seconds (was 20). This means you no longer have to throw cans backwards into your spawn for them to last long enough for people to pick them up. We can tweak this via cvar if needed.
Thought 1 spawn for cans was pretty good this isn't a bug this is just being adjusted to a different preference (yours), the only reason this has been changed is because you want to drop yourself a can more easily on cargo.

Fixing bugs without discussion is fine but changing this stuff unilaterally isn't right. This is especially true when its pretty reactionary, e.g. you blew yourself up on Bespin using an emplaced gun so you modded it out, I've always selected melee when using it. In fact I remember years ago Magyk(?) blew himself up as assault on an emplaced on Hoth and your response was "Who holds down mouse 2?".

Black wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm
Duo wrote:
Why? This is increasing the value of armour dispensers quite a bit I'm not sure why it was changed tbh. Waiting your turn makes it take longer which can make you prioritise other actions or teammates.
The ammo dispenser already works for multiple people. I fixed it to work in a non-buggy manner.
Black wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pm
Duo wrote:
Thought 1 spawn for cans was pretty good this isn't a bug this is just being adjusted to a different preference (yours), the only reason this has been changed is because you want to drop yourself a can more easily on cargo.
If you think it's an ideal player experience to constantly get jebaited by cans a nanosecond before you get to them because they all-perfect genius Raven devs gave them the exact same lifetime as siege respawn time, you should get a job at Blizzard.

I am the best ammo giver in the history of Siege. I flick my mouse back 180 degrees while jumping and drop cans backwards every spawn, even when I only have jedi teammates. My teammates are constantly ammo'd up, and I am the only person in the history of Siege to have a bind telling teammates to come get ammo cans. I also literally never run out of ammo on tech because I constantly drop cans for myself. On the other hand, I flame you every time you play tech because you are a terrible ammo giver and you have to be constantly reminded to drop them, or you drop them in front of you so that they expire before I can get them the next spawn. You also do the standard running over cans as jedi, stealing them from your HW, etc. Basically ordinary scrub level ammo-related skills. I don't need any QOL buff for giving ammo. You do.

Black wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:56 pmFixing bugs without discussion is fine but changing this stuff unilaterally isn't right. This is especially true when its pretty reactionary, e.g. you blew yourself up on Bespin using an emplaced gun so you modded it out, I've always selected melee when using it. In fact I remember years ago Magyk(?) blew himself up as assault on an emplaced on Hoth and your response was "Who holds down mouse 2?".
I stand by that question.

Also, all of your opinions are invalid because you think that saber throw damage works perfectly fine when 100% identical throws in perfectly controlled experiments show wildly differing damage from throw to throw.

I don't doubt that I'm inferior at dropping cans and your right I often just run forward without looking at spawn its usually because I don't focus 100% on the game at all times because it's not all that serious. I also shouldn't be rewarded for being bad at dropping cans with a change in the game. 20 second cans is a gameplay element that we've had for a long time and I can't see any compelling reason to change it other than "it's annoying when they disappear" honestly I'd say that's just tough.

The top point on armour dispensers hasn't been addressed, again one at a time is something we've had for a long time and there is no reason to change it.

Nice one for taking it all personally and lashing out that's helpful.