Kata moves

Can we please disable them? I don't mean the big combo, but stuff like doing a forward leap with strong style out. Or can we rebind them or whatever please? They are annoying, nobody uses them, and if you do end up using it accidentally you will end up in a pretty much guaranteed death.

Re: Kata moves

Duo wrote: Some of them are useful. What would you rebind them to, anyway?
Anything really. Also how about a cvar then, that disables them or enables them? I press x once they are disabled, I press it again they are enabled.
Grab wrote: None of them is iseful because they waste your force (epic idea), stop you from regenerating, make you vulnerable and usually immobile.
All of this. The only kata moves that are somewhat useful are the big ones, and only to damage objectives. In fact that's a lie, the only useful kata move there is is the fast/medium style kata for single saber, and they are only used on bespin/urban. Everything else is just straight up garbage.

I do not think throughout my 5 years of playing siege I have seen someone unironically use the strong style leap, or the medium style jump move. Butterfly moves can remain separately for all I care, though they are also useless.

The moves I want to see disabled: strong leap, medium jump (triggered by mouse1+jump) and the crouch kata moves(triggered by crouch and attack). The rest are also useless but at least you don't execute them accidentally.

Duo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm Some of them are useful. What would you rebind them to, anyway?
Revolutionary idea but maybe just make them toggleable in the newmod menu like every move maybe you want red stance dfa and all the m1/2 katas but nothing else fine, maybe you want the bluestance crouch attack that's fine too. Essentially off/on for every one of these "kata moves" personally I will never use the yellow stance DFA only by accident. I might use the blue crouch and the red jump attack on rare occasions but I wouldn't disable them it should be essentially a clientside unbinding incase someone wants to use those moves.

@Hannah I have used the red stance leap in a pug if you aim properly you can kill a dual stance spin kata with one although it's basically showboating because the overhead strike is more effective. However, I never use them by accident because I am used to playing kor with the stupid ramp things so I swing side to side on a ramp. Crouch attack is certainly not useless and shouldn't be disabled (nor should any be in case someone wants to use them) but if people want to never use them or rebind them making it toggleable should be an easy solution?

Black wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:40 am
Duo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:13 pm Some of them are useful. What would you rebind them to, anyway?
Revolutionary idea but maybe just make them toggleable in the newmod menu like every move maybe you want red stance dfa and all the m1/2 katas but nothing else fine, maybe you want the bluestance crouch attack that's fine too. Essentially off/on for every one of these "kata moves" personally I will never use the yellow stance DFA only by accident. I might use the blue crouch and the red jump attack on rare occasions but I wouldn't disable them it should be essentially a clientside unbinding incase someone wants to use those moves.

@Hannah I have used the red stance leap in a pug if you aim properly you can kill a dual stance spin kata with one although it's basically showboating because the overhead strike is more effective. However, I never use them by accident because I am used to playing kor with the stupid ramp things so I swing side to side on a ramp. Crouch attack is certainly not useless and shouldn't be disabled (nor should any be in case someone wants to use them) but if people want to never use them or rebind them making it toggleable should be an easy solution?
Dude wants to remove katas from a game he doesn't play