Mission on Cloud City - siege_bespin

Mission on Cloud City
Destroy the Twin-Pod so new Imperial Star Destroyer plans won't leave Bespin platform!
Objective #1
Turn off the shield, destroy the lock and make Rebels retreat to advance your troops!
Objective #2
Get out on the street!
Objective #3
Destroy the power generator!
Objective #4
Steal the key to enter the building!
Objective #5
Reach second floor of the building!
Objective #6
Destroy the Twin-Pod!
Imperials - Offensive
Assault:
[blasterpistol] [blasterrifle] [repeater]
[eweb] [bacta_big]
Heavy Weapons:
Speed: 75%
[blasterpistol] [blasterrifle] [merrsonn]
[bacta]
Demolitions:
[melee] [blasterrifle] [thermal] [tripmine] [detpack]
[bacta]
[extraammo]
Scout:
[blasterpistol] [disruptor]
[bacta] [sentry]
[extraammo]
Tech:
[blasterpistol] [demp2]
[bacta] [sentry]
[extraammo] [statview] [ammodisp] [healthdisp]
Jedi:
Health: 50
Speed: 125%
[lightsaber]
Saber styles: Fast, Medium, Hard
[saberattack_3] [saberdefend_3] [saberthrow_3] [jump_1] [push_2] [pull_2]
Rebels - Defense
Assault:
[blasterpistol] [blasterrifle] [repeater] [flechette]
[bacta_big]
Heavy Weapons:
Speed: 75%
[blasterpistol] [bowcaster] [merrsonn]
Demolitions:
[blasterrifle] [thermal] [tripmine] [detpack]
[bacta]
[extraammo]
Scout:
[blasterpistol] [disruptor]
[extraammo]
Tech:
[blasterpistol] [blasterrifle] [bowcaster]
[jump_3] [push_3] [mindtrick_3] [abs_3] [heal_2] [teamheal_1]
[seeker]
[extraammo] [statview] [ammodisp]
Jedi:
Health: 50
[lightsaberdual]
Saber styles: Fast, Akimbo
[saberattack_2] [saberdefend_3] [jump_1] [push_2] [pull_2] [prot_2]

Re: Mission on Cloud City - siege_bespin

Changes in Alpha5

Imperials - Offensive
Jedi:
It is Reborn Fencer now.

Rebels - Defense
Tech:
Force powers: Heal 1 > Heal 2;
Can now repair Power Generator and Twin-Pod.

Jedi:
Force powers: Protection 2 > Protection 3.

Map:
Added more obstacles on Objective 2;
Objective 4 have to be hacked for 1.5 second now;
Reworked Objective 5 lift room;
Added boxes near Objective 6 door;
Moved boxes in front of Twin-Pod closer to door.

Download siege_bespin_a5

====================================================================

Changes in Beta1

Map:
Enlarged Objective 1 room;
Offense Objective 1 spawn is now defended by turrets agaist defense;
Reworked Objective 2 reworked;
Now two panels have to be destroyed to open door to streets;
There is turret over panels;
Added more obstacles at Objective 3;
Objective 4 Key is now protected by shield;
Objective 6 Twin-Pod can't be destroyed before Objective 6.

Download siege_bespin_b1

Changes in Beta2

Rebels - Defense
Assault:
Removed Flechette.

Map:
Objective 2 reworked;
After completing objective 5 it is not possible to leave building(objective 4 door);
It is not possible to get to objective 6 area by Trip Mines or Det Packs jumps;
Objective 6 reworked.

Download siege_bespin_b2

Changes in Beta4

Map:
Objective 2 room enlarged;
Objective 3 got few panels;
Defenders respawns at Objective 3 moved back.

Download siege_bespin_b4

Changes in Beta5 & Beta6

Imperials - Attack
Assault:
Removed E-Web;
Added extra ammo;
Speed increased to 1.0.5;
Heavy weapons:
Speed increased to 1;
Scout:
Removed Bacta;

Rebels - Defense
Assault:
Speed increased to 1.05;
Heavy weapons:
Health increased to 125;
Tech:
Added DEMP2; [B5]
Jedi:
Protect3 to Protect2, Saber Defence3 to Saber Defence2;

Map:
Objective 1 button is now 1 sec. hack; [B5]
Objective 2 turrets damage decreased to 20;
Objective 4 defense respawn reworked; [B5]
Objective 4 hack time increased to 2 sec.; [B5]
Objective 5 reworked;
Added turret on objective 5;
Added hackable turrets under objective 6 landing zone;
Added hackable turret on objective 6;
Improved Twin-Pod collision on objective 6;

Download siege_bespin_b6

Since I think you keep making your map worse I'm going to give you clear advice on what you should change about it to make it playable. This isn't a personal attack or anything I genuinely want to help.

Objective 1 -
Is fine leave as is.

Objective 2 -
Remove the turrets. Explanation - this isn't a hard objective to defend (2 narrow doorways just made for rocketing) getting a jedi in alone for long enough to be able to kill each console should be obj complete. Personally I don't think this is that big a deal but it would be an improvement.

Objective 3 -
Do not allow healing of the generator. Explanation - this objective is difficult to complete you have to make up a long distance and destroy an objective that's partially encased in glass. A tech healing this objective for the ~10 seconds it takes to get there each spawn makes a huge difference to the health of that objective if it was many low health consoles it wouldn't be a problem (hoth cc) but as it's a single entity I think this is an issue.

Objective 4 -
Move defence spawn further around the corner. Explanation - the objective is hard to complete anyway, 1 defender staying alive can almost always prevent advancement. Currently though even if all the defenders die and the codes are close the defenders can spawn and almost immediately shoot the hacker. Personally I think the hack would be better at 1 second to give the attackers more of a chance. Also in 2s this objective imo is a lot harder to do, idk if anyone else thinks this, but, I reckon it should be a button if it's 2s and a hack if there are more players (I am sure this is possible using a bit of thought and clever targeting).

Objective 5 -
Re add the wall of the lift that blocked the defence's view of the lift from there spawn point. Explanation - you saw what happened an explanation is not needed. The attackers spawning a bit further forward might be good too since the defence sits in to defend the objective anyway.

Objective 6 -
Again I don't think it should be healable, possibly with this one just reduce the heal rate though. The rush shield should drop if the last spawn is used (idk if this is in place already but it should be) easily done with a counter. Otherwise this objective is ok.

Classes:

Offence - I haven't noticed any problem with the attacking classes (hard to pinpoint fine detail because of what I am about to write below).
Actually thinking about it O assault could do with a bit of a boost perhaps 175 hp no bacta?
Defence - Assault: Seems a good class.

Heavy Weapons: Honestly giving defence HW extra health on this map was ludicrous put it back to 100.

Demolitions: Nothing wrong with this class from what I see.

Scout: Again this class seems ok to me.

Technician: Now I know you wanted something a bit different but I think you just went a bit mad with this one. I think you need to make a choice of either: a proper tech with a few extra features or, a full on force user class without demp. So for the 1st option, keep jump, mt and push these are all useful without being gamebreaking, keep the weaponry. But please get rid of fast force regeneration and team heal. Team heal is not a good idea for a defence team certainly not if you have ff regen. If you wanted to add something extra to compensate for this sense 3 might be a good option EDIT - having thought about this demp and force WH might be a bit OP but I'm open to trying it. The second option of a force user remove all weaponry apart from pistol and make it a full on support class. You could give this class jump, fast force regen, mt, push, team heal, sense, you could even try giving it speed. This way the class would be a sacrifice, a powerful support unit but one that cannot do much damage to the enemy team.

Jedi: Remove protect, add saber attack and defence 3 and, possibly jump 2 / absorb. This makes it a good ambush class and gives it a chance against an attacking jedi.

Hope this is helpful I really think you needed some direction on this.

Black wrote:This isn't a personal attack or anything I genuinely want to help.
  Reveal hidden contents
@Obj2
I am not really sure about this obj being easy to def. We can try it, though.

@Obj3
I agree.

@Obj4
I can put D spawn behind door that is behind them atm. I was also thinking about making glass on top breakable and opening these doors for obj4. O Jedi would use it for attacking from 'behind'. It would be closed/opened by button and button would be breakable so you can no longer close/open it and it stays with current position.

@Obj5
Yeah, wall is back there. Also barrier moved to another side of room so D Heavy no longer can spam rockets at corridor.

@Obj6
I do not agree at all. Removing/decreasing healing would make it too easy(because it is not too easy to destroy). We can try it, but also O Demo nerf/change will come.

@Classes
O Assa - Idk. I'd rather see 125 hp + big bacta or even normal bacta. 175 feels too much for me on this map.

O Demo - As Sith said, O demo is just about mines spam. Gran on obj3 or obj6 = insta win now. I will remove extra ammo, but give him 20 grenades(base_entranced only). In future I can add small baseline shield if needed.

D Heavy - Well, I was thinking about giving him bigger model(like Chewie in SP) so he is easier to shot, but Duo is lazy.

D Tech - I was thinking about removing seeker, absorb, health and ammo dispenser. I would leave team heal for him to make people focus tech first. I can eventually remove fast regen.

Grab wrote:
D Tech - I was thinking about removing seeker, absorb, health and ammo dispenser. I would leave team heal for him to make people focus tech first. I can eventually remove fast regen.
I really do think fast force regen and team heal is a problem on defence. Particularly as it has very useful long range weaponry (demp). Freezing people while healing your team at 50(?) points a pop indefinitely and not having to do anything else i.e. objectives is a big problem.
It's good to see you take advice onboard though.

Changes in B7:

Imperials - Attack
Assault:

Health increased to 125;
Removed Big Bacta;
Ddded Bacta;
Demo:
Removed extra ammo;
Added 20 maximum grenades(base_entranced only);

Rebels - Defense
Tech:

Removed: ammo dispenser, seeker;
Force removed: absorb;
Removed: fast regen;

Map:
Objective 2 turrets removed;
Objective 3 can't be repaired anymore;
Objective 4 defense respawn pushed back;
Added new route for objective 4;
Objective 5 lift wall restored, barrier moved to another side of room, turret moved;
Objective 6 anti-rush shield lasts for 22 seconds; [B6]

Fixed lift button sounds(you can no longer hear it from anywhere).

To do:
Make retreat lift for Def Team from Obj5 to Obj6 and decrease Obj6 anti-rush shield time.

Beta 9

Changes in beta9:

Rebels - Defense
Jedi:

Health: 50 to 60;
Force removed: protect;
Force added: Saber Throw1;
Force changed: Saber Defense2 to Saber Defense3, Saber Offense2 to Saber Offense3, Pull1 to Pull2;

Map:
After completing Obj5, defense team can use door next to respawn to teleport to next respawn;
Obj5 anti-rush shield now goes down after 15 seconds or respawn;
Obj6 anti-rush shield now goes down after 22 seconds or 4 seconds after respawn;