Yavin feedback

• Classes are highly uninteresting and unfun. They need to be completely remade. You made Turkey's dream map by simply removing everything that has ever annoyed you. I mean who wants to play as a class with over 9000 HP and just an e11? That's not interesting or fun. Even besides that, there are many things that are just poorly balanced, I can't list them all, like how O scout has 50 HP, how D HW got a speed buff (85%), how O jedi doesn't have full saber block so D scout has no counter whatsoever(once Sith gets on that class with his 30 ping disrupting it will be aids), etc.
  • Most combat is just pillar whoring. Cover/obstacles need to be more interesting. Choosing an outdoor/semi-outdoor locale like Yavin gives you carte blanche to make natural obstacles of all shapes and sizes, yet all I see is pillars. Half the fights are just hugging a pillar whilst guessing which side of the pillar the enemy is going to pop out of. Needs variety, verticality, and more routes.
  • The pk3 filename should not be siege_yavin if that's not the bsp name. I don't know what you're planning on doing for future releases, but it won't work with the auto DL.

Re: Yavin

Duo wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:24 am D scout has no counter whatsoever(once Sith gets on that class with his 30 ping disrupting it will be aids), etc.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Yavin: A drive by

As promised, I will post my opinion of the map.

OBJ 1:
This objective has the highest distinction of being the only objective of the map that is defendable. Gratz
OBJ 2:
This objective can't be defended. Period. All you have to do to complete this objective is run by. This is quite literally what you are not supposed to (be able to) do in siege. One of the first things I learned in siege was "don't run by people, kill them." Whelp. Not necessary here! Build a bunker over the hole or a door or... something.
OBJ 3:
Again, defending this objective is hard, given offense and defense basically spawn on top of each other. On a related note, the cover on this map is terrible. If there was an award for "faggiest cover" the Oscar would go to this map. Overall this objective just feels really cramped. It doesn't really feel like an objective.
OBJ 4:
Objective meta is intersting, but poorly executed. Again everything happens in one room. Both teams spawn in the objective room. Not much is required. There really isnt a siege element here. This objective is basically TFFA. What makes this objective even worse, is the fact that every class is a juggernaut. If this objective were a gametype it would be "extended and really drawn out and boring and dull TFFA."
OBJ 5:
Again, the meta is interesting, but once again all ojedi has to do is run by and saber the objective. No defense required!
OBJ 6:
Not enough information yet, but from what I can tell this is just another drive by.

CLASSES:
Were you high? What logic did you use in designing these classes? What made you think it was a good idea to give everyone massive amounts of hp? I'd like to take a page from Duo's book and call these Opera Classes. You get HP! You get HP! You get HP! I mean what the hell. I can't begin to write down everything that's wrong with them. Ojedi >>>> all is the largest grievance. You are straying too far from normal classes. There is a reason classes have become normalized. It's like Darwinism: natural selection has eliminated the bad combinations because they just don't work. You like reversed natural selection. If hoth represents the epitome of class selection, you regressed and landed somewhere around the amoebae state. Please. Go forward, not back.

Re: Yavin: A drive by

Need to envelope some mitochondria.

I haven't played the latest one but if it's pretty much the same as the ones before I'd back Caesar up on his points.

I feel like this map will never be playable until we get rid of 4th obj.

ceasar wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:54 am
OBJ 4:
Objective meta is intersting, but poorly executed. Again everything happens in one room. Both teams spawn in the objective room. Not much is required. There really isnt a siege element here. This objective is basically TFFA. What makes this objective even worse, is the fact that every class is a juggernaut. If this objective were a gametype it would be "extended and really drawn out and boring and dull TFFA."

Capture points do not belong in this game. Hell, blizzard spent like 90% of their map related patches on trying to make them work in overwatch and are just barely succeeding.
In jka it not only turns the gamemode into tffa but there is actually zero incentive for defense to engage. You just want to run around on the point and never engage. This is the first objective I have ever seen in siege where fighting is not encouraged. I hope I don't need to go into lengths as to explain why this is just straight out dumb.
And unlike in overwatch, there is a strict timer for when you respawn, meaning even if offense gets lucky and takes someone out from defense, he will most likely respawn in 2-3 seconds, as opposed to the 8 second in overwatch. And then you can repeat the whole thing again. Horrible.

Also this is just personal preference but I also dislike that I have nothing to do while capping. I just stand there, waiting, not doing anyhing. Just doesn't feel right, doesn't feel like playing jka.

P.S. Overwatch commentator in jka is the most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed in this game. I have seen people trying to replace jka commentator with jk2 one, that was bad enough, but this... Plese delete.

Onasi wrote: P.S. Overwatch commentator in jka is the most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed in this game. I have seen people trying to replace jka commentator with jk2 one, that was bad enough, but this... Plese delete.
zzzSiegeYavinSoundFix.pk3
(30.75 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

dem0n wrote:
Onasi wrote: P.S. Overwatch commentator in jka is the most cringeworthy thing I have ever witnessed in this game. I have seen people trying to replace jka commentator with jk2 one, that was bad enough, but this... Plese delete.
zzzSiegeYavinSoundFix.pk3
I already sent that to everyone, pretty sure the only person without that mod is Grab.