More stuff [b_e]

- Sentry not hitting crouching player;
- Sentry uses wrong placing sound. Should be "sound/player/use_sentry". Yes, it is server side;
- Ammo cans stuck in ceiling in low rooms;
- Can't throw ammo cans uphill, even when difference is super small(look at cargo station 1 or obj2); done
- Greenshield should block neutral damage;
- Weird angle doors opening trigger;
- How about removing that weird spectator camera behaviour for doors and just let spectator go through door just like with "noclip"? It would fix small areas blocking spectators from going there. If impossible, reduce that range of that behaviour to minimum.

Some NPC fixes:
- Laggy movement;
- These are not working:
SET_ANIM_UPPER
SET_ANIM_LOWER
SET_ANIM_BOTH
- Probably these too:
SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_LOWER
SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_UPPER
SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH
- Using CHAN_VOICE doesn't cause lip movement - it does in SP;
- When NPC is close to waypoint_navgoal which is his goal, he is slowing down and it is weird, not happening in SP;
- NPC can shoot dude from his team. Happened once on Bespin.
Last edited by Grab on Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: More stuff [b_e]

Feature/balance.
- Sentry uses wrong placing sound. Should be "sound/player/use_sentry". Yes, it is server side;
That's used for ewebs in singleplayer, I think. It's not for portable sentry guns, it has a misleading filename. The sound style is completely different from all the portable sentry sounds. Also in the current sentry sound you can clearly here the "being placed" and "spinning up" parts of the sound.
Need demo or example of place that it can happen.
- Can't throw ammo cans uphill, even when difference is super small(look at cargo station 1 or obj2);
Fixed, this was in fact a bug by Ravensoft.
- Greenshield should block neutral damage;
Debatable, there's a thread about this already.
Q3E doesn't play nicely with non-right angles, not going to happen. The trigger has to be a cube. Play a more modern engine game for something like that.
- How about removing that weird spectator camera behaviour for doors and just let spectator go through door just like with "noclip"? It would fix small areas blocking spectators from going there. If impossible, reduce that range of that behaviour to minimum.
Dude wants to buff ghosting.
Some NPC fixes:
- Laggy movement;
- These are not working:
SET_ANIM_UPPER
SET_ANIM_LOWER
SET_ANIM_BOTH
- Probably these too:
SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_LOWER
SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_UPPER
SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH
- Using CHAN_VOICE doesn't cause lip movement - it does in SP;
- When NPC is close to waypoint_navgoal which is his goal, he is slowing down and it is weird, not happening in SP;
NPCs are a giant can of worms because they were forked from SP in a really half-assed way. I'm not going to even attempt this, I consider it out of the scope of the mod.
- NPC can shoot dude from his team. Happened once on Bespin.
Fixed.

Feature/balance.
That's used for ewebs in singleplayer, I think. It's not for portable sentry guns, it has a misleading filename. The sound style is completely different from all the portable sentry sounds. Also in the current sentry sound you can clearly here the "being placed" and "spinning up" parts of the sound.
Not true, this sound is used for portable sentries. Also this sound makes sentry cleaner, because now when you place sentry next to enemy, you hear same sound twice. I changed it for my mod:
  Reveal hidden contents
Need demo or example of place that it can happen.
Dude never played Cargo.

Q3E doesn't play nicely with non-right angles, not going to happen. The trigger has to be a cube. Play a more modern engine game for something like that.
Now I wonder if mappers can fix it by hand by placing trigger_multiple as trigger for door. Can you check trigger range of current doors?

No, I mean team spectator. This camera behaviour is annoying. It changes your camera angle, you can't fly around door because its huge teleportation range and it block you from entering small rooms like hoth last objective lift or hoth codes room.

Duo wrote:- Can't throw ammo cans uphill, even when difference is super small(look at cargo station 1 or obj2);
Fixed, this was in fact a bug by Ravensoft.

Are you sure this is fixed? I don't remember being able to do this last I teched on Narshaddaa penultimate objective. Maybe I've just stopped trying it though.

Never mind. Realised you posted update today.
Last edited by Black on Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grab wrote:- How about removing that weird spectator camera behaviour for doors and just let spectator go through door just like with "noclip"? It would fix small areas blocking spectators from going there. If impossible, reduce that range of that behaviour to minimum.
No, I mean team spectator. This camera behaviour is annoying. It changes your camera angle, you can't fly around door because its huge teleportation range and it block you from entering small rooms like hoth last objective lift or hoth codes room.
Agreed this is annoying.